Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Science and Scripture

Some people believe that eventualy science will proof that whatever being said in the scripture is absolutely correct. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of faith.

I have faith in God. And I believe that God has a very important message for me. But I don't believe that the message is written literally in the scripture. The written words of the scripture is a finger that point to that message, but the finger is not the message itself. When we believe that the written words IS the message, then we are blinded by the words. We are seeing the trees, but don't see the forest.

That is why some people have said that science actually purified the scripture. By pointing out that the literal scientific description of the scripture is WRONG, people realized that the real message is not in the literal word itself.